Sunday 5 July 2009

Feel the love generation


Come on, come on, come on,

Feel the Love Generation
Feel the Love Generation

Don't worry about a thing, gonna be all right

Why most the children play in the street?
Broken hearts, faded the dreams
Peace on earth to everyone that you meet
Don't you worry, It could be so sweet

Just look to the rainbow you will see,
The sun will shine 'till eternity
I've got so much love in my heart
No one can tear it apart

On the 4th of July 2009 London was holding it's Gay Pride for the year. The city was flooded with cheerful people form early in the morning and with the help of the weather the event seemed in my eyes as a successful one. I had the chance to check out Old Compton street which had a fantastic vibe and with this opportunity I would like to express a few scattered thoughts:

- The distinction between gay and straight is the starting point of discrimination.

- I hope it wasn't only gay people cheerful yesterday. Being straight I would consider it pathetic not to be in a jolly mood with so many people in the streets laughing, dancing,... meeting.

- Even though festivities like the gay pride are great to remind us: how much fun house music is, that we should all be treated equally and how important it is to keep fit, at some point have to take them as a given.

No comments:

 
Counter
Free Counter